Licenses to operate a fixed food establishment at the University of Michigan (U-M) and U-M Health System must be renewed annually.  The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) issues the annual food services licenses for all fixed food service facilities on campus.

Plan Review

Thirty (30) days prior to opening a food service facility, or re-opening after renovations or modifications, you must complete a Food Service License Application and submit it to EHS at 1239 Kipke Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1010.

Changing the menu, adding or replacing equipment, or construction of any type affects your license and may require a new application.  To ensure your food license will be renewed after such changes, refer to the Food Service Facilities page for guidance.

Supplemental Information

Skip to content