The Soil Erosion and Sediment Program at the University of Michigan (U-M) ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations designed to prevent eroded soil and sediment from entering surface waters. U-M staff and contractors working on construction, renovation, or maintenance projects at U-M must comply with the rules, policies, procedures, and guidelines regarding soil erosion and sediment control (SESC). For more information, contact EP3 at (734) 936-1920.
Allows U-M to manage soil erosion measures on our own construction and maintenance projects.
Standard Operating Procedures, Guidelines, and Manuals
- Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control Procedure
- Preferred SESC Best Management Practices
- EH&S-EP3 Preferred SESC Best Management Practices
- University of Michigan Design Guideline for SESC
- University of Michigan Master Specification for SESC
- Waters of the State Map – Ann Arbor Region