The EHS Safety First Recognition Award celebrates U-M individuals, work groups or department who excel in creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
About the Award
University of Michigan (U-M) commitment to a vibrant safety culture depends on the willingness of every individual to pursue a safe, healthful, and environmentally sound workplace. Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) recognizes employees who are making U-M a SAFE place with the Safety First Recognition Award. Find out what it takes to win and how to nominate someone. For more information, contact SafetyFirstAward@umich.edu.
Selection criteria include satisfying at least one or more of the following:
- Outstanding in-house safety program – for broad implementation of safety throughout the workplace
- Active role in safety – for being a strong advocate of health and safety
- Improvement – for demonstrating significant improvement over previous conditions
- Consistency – for maintaining an outstanding safety program over a number of years
- Product or process development and implementation – for special effort given to a specific aspect of safety at U-M
Our selection committee includes representative from a variety of EHS program areas and looks for evidence the individual or work group has performed above and beyond their regular job duties, overall impact to department/stakeholders/U-M community as a whole, and for information that validates the benefits of this nomination to the department.