The U-M Environment, Health & Safety Department is working in partnership with the U-M Emergency Management, University Health Services and Washtenaw County Health Department among others to help keep our community healthy and safe. If you have questions or concerns, please contact EHS at 734-647-1143 or at firstname.lastname@example.org so we may get a message to the appropriate EHS staff member to address your needs. Questions in regard to COVID-19 specifically can be sent to EHS-Covid-19-Reporting@umich.edu
University of Michigan COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The University of Michigan’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement is an important and effective step to return to an in-person campus for Fall 2021 and to protect our community from COVID-19. All U-M faculty, staff, and students – including Michigan Medicine – are required to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, with limited exemptions. This policy is effective immediately, and is subject to change as the pandemic and public health guidance continue to evolve. It will be regularly reviewed as public health guidance dictates.
Report Outside Positive COVID-19 Test Results
Students, faculty and staff on the Ann Arbor campus, including Michigan Medicine, who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 90 days outside of U-M – that is, outside University Health Service (UHS), Occupational Health Services (OHS), or the Community Sampling and Tracking Program (CSTP) – are asked to report their positive test result here.
The information collected will be directed to appropriate units for follow up including: University Health Service; Environment, Health & Safety; Occupational Health Services; and/or Infection Prevention & Epidemiology. University or county health officials may reach out for case investigation and contact tracing, and the information gathered will help target resources for testing, support and mitigation.
University of Michigan Face Covering
- University of Michigan Face Covering Policy for COVID-19 – 4/27/2022
- Face Covering FAQs – 1/7/2022
All healthcare employees determined to be covered by OSHA ETC are are required to take SARS-Cov2 and COVID-19 Training. All other Departments are recommended to have their employees take this training that at a minimum covers the following:
- Workplace infection-control practices
- The proper use of personal protective equipment
- Steps the employee must take to notify the university of any symptoms of COVID-19 or a suspected or confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19
- How to report unsafe working conditions
The following module is available in My LINC:
- HVAC: Guidelines for University of Michigan Facilities – 1/4/2022
- Placement of hand sanitizer: Placement of Alcohol Based Hand Sanitizers in Non-Health Care Facilities – 7/13/2020
- Water management: Building Water Management During Periods of Low Occupancy – 6/11/2020