The Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Laser Safety Officer reviews all facilities, excluding clinical facilities, where lasers will be used. In the site and facility plans, the following information must be considered:
- Laser and laser systems being used in the facility or lab
- The infrastructure required to run the laser and laser systems
- Specific laser-rated curtains (may be required)
- Shielding around the lasers
- All entry ways to laser facilities must be controlled (many are on a case-by-case basis, but generally there are laser-rated curtains inside the doorway as one enters the lab and potentially the need for warning lights on the exterior of the room.)
Standard Operating Procedures, Guidelines, and Manuals
For specific reviews contact the Laser Safety Officer at (734) 647-5224, or email Russ Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org.